Thursday, July 21, 2011

Love in a college classroom

I am really excited for tomorrow.

Over this last week I have been attending a Facilitation Skills class at a local college. This is the first course that I have taken towards a "Trainer of Adults" program. I'm hoping to complete this program over the next few years.

As it is right now, I am a high school graduate and had never really entertained the thought of taking any post-secondary school until a colleague of mine had mentioned it. After I was given this idea I thought it would be wise for me to complete this program.

So here I am now, on the eve of my last full day of my first course.

Why am I so excited for tomorrow?

I am excited because tomorrow will be the first time (ever) that I will be talking about the teachings of Jesus - how He has asked His followers to love our neighbours. My final graded facilitation will be about the attributes of love - the love is patient, love is kind, does not boast, is not proud, etc.

As far as I know, there is only one other fellow Christian in this course (and maybe one other one based on some comments she made earlier, although I'm really not too sure where she is at). The rest are all regular people.

I am very curious as to how well a message of love will be received by the class. Will that message get rejected? Will it be accepted? Will anyone want to know more of what I have to say? Will any relationships extend past the classroom, and into every day life?

I can't wait to share this message with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment