Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dream with me a little

It has been a busy month now that I am back to work. I feel a lot different now then I did before I left work. I think I've grown a lot spiritually over the last year, but mostly within the last three months. I realize now just how much I had pondered the things of God while I was off work.

So what's so different? I think it comes down to the way I'm looking at people. What I mean is that I think I've finally gotten past what is displayed on the outside. While this may be something a lot of you will think is easy, this for me is something I've struggled with all my life.

I never could get in with the popular groups in grade school, all the way through high school. I barely got in with the unpopular groups too. Even after becoming a Christian, I struggled with trying to fit in for the first while.

However, over time, God has been working on me. I'm even to the point now where I am pretty comfortable getting up and speaking in front of audiences. I'm pretty sure I like it, which I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be comfortable with. Strange, I know.

And now I have this dream. Is it God inspired? Maybe, maybe not. I'd like to think it is. I picture myself operating an organization that helps Christians with their faith. But not necessarily a church. Maybe more like an evangelist or something. It's not too clear yet. I guess I've only taken the dream as far as running the odd Saturday seminar now and again, where Christians from the area could attend. I'd take everything I've learned about learning and development and apply it to this one day seminar. Over time I'd like to enable others to then take over the program, so I could build different seminars. All the while I'd have the chance to love all those who attend the program, and help them to love everyone hey come in contact with.

So that's the dream as it currently sits - which is a lot clearer than it was even 6 months ago.

In the meanwhile, I'll continue to work at my present dream job. I am truly loving the work that I am responsible for.

No comments:

Post a Comment